Since 1968, Southern Label Company, a family-owned business, follows the philosophy of “Customer First.” Customer satisfaction is the core of our business. Our worldwide customers trust us to provide competitive pricing, excellent customer service, quality labels, and on-time shipping.
Shellfish Tag and Label Requirements
Shellfish tags are required by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. The tags must follow the shellfish from the time of harvest until either the container they are in is empty or it is retagged. The tag must also be kept on file for 90 days. All the information on the tags is required to help assure public safety. For specific guidelines, please click on the link below.
Stay in Compliance
Southern Label Company can help you satisfy the inspection, maintenance and record keeping requirements with your own custom printed shellfish tags. Our waterproof shellfish tags are extremely durable and made for wet environments thus ensuring your tag and valuable information will remain intact even in harsh conditions.
- Single Tags
- Laser Tags
- Dot Matrix Tags
- Thermal Tags
- Durable and weatherproof material
- Water and fade resistant ink
- One or two sided printing
- Consecutive numbering
- QR codes for traceablility
- Single tags for handwriting
- Tags for thermal printers on rolls or 6 tags on a sheet for laser printers
- Thermal printers and ribbons
- Software for pre-printed laser and dot matrix tags
- 17g deadlock fasteners for tag attachment
- East Coast Shellfish Growers Association
- Pacfic Coast Shellfish Growers Association
- Software for use with pre-printed laser and dot matrix labels
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA guidelines)
- Massachusetts Aquaculture Association
- Interstate Shellfish Sanitation Conference
Southern Label Company is a DuPont™ TYVEK® Preferred Printer
We are recognized by DUPONT as a leader in TYVEK¨ labels.
DUPONT™ TYVEK®¨ is a registered trademark of DuPont.